Sec. 14-3. Noise regulations.
(a) The following acts are deemed and declared to be unlawful and therefore prohibited in residential and commercial districts in the Town including, but not limited to, R-1, R-2, R-3, R-4, B-1, B-2, B-3, and I zoned districts:
(1) The operation of construction equipment including tools or equipment used in construction, drilling, or demolition including all motor vehicles used in construction, drilling, excavation, bulk materials transport or delivery, or demolition between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
(2) Operating or permitting the use or operation of any powered tools including, but not limited to, saw, drill, sander, grinder, lawn or garden tools, or similar devices utilized outdoors between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
(3) Operating a garbage or refuse collection vehicle or device including all motor vehicles and related equipment for the collection of refuse between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
(4) Nothing in this section or in the foregoing shall apply to town employees and/or personnel performing town work on an emergency basis during such prohibited times.
(b) Penalty provisions. The violation of any provision of this section, as amended from time to time, in addition to any penalties prescribed under applicable state law, shall be as follows:
(1) First offense: $100.00 fine.
(2) Second offense: $250.00 fine.
(3) Third offense: $500.00 fine.
(4) Fourth offense and each offense thereafter: $1,000.00 fine.
(c) Notwithstanding any other ordinance to the contrary, this section shall be enforceable by the Town Police Department, the Town building commissioner, and/or their authorized representatives.