Skip to main content
This section is included in your selections.

(a) The owner, occupant, or agent of an organization, business or group that uses any type of fireworks or pyrotechnic special effects materials used indoor or outdoor, shall apply for a special permit issued by the Town Council at least fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the use of the fireworks or pyrotechnical devices. This permit shall be in addition to any other permits required by federal or state agencies. The permit must be made available upon request of the fire chief or his designee.

(b) The storage, use and handling of fireworks and pyrotechnics special effects shall be in accordance with Indiana Fire Code (675 Indiana Administrative Code 22), Article 76 and IC § 22-11-14 et seq., and current edition of National Fire Protection Association standards for fireworks.

(c) An applicant shall pay a fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00) when submitting the special permit application.

(d) The special permit application must be approved and signed by the Town Council and contain the following information to be valid:

(1) Name, address and phone number of the individual person or company doing the production or display;

(2) Name and qualifications of the individual person or operator doing the production or display;

(3) Contact name, address and phone for whom the production or display is being performed;

(4) A detailed location where the display shall take place;

(5) Date and time of the display;

(6) Estimated number of fireworks or pyrotechnical devices to be used and length of show; and

(7) A copy of a valid certificate of insurance conditioned for damages and/or injury to persons or property for said event in the amount of not less than one million dollars ($1,000,000.00) shall be attached to and submitted with each application for and shall become part of the special permit.

(e) The above fees or requirements may be waived by the Town Council for any public fireworks display sponsored by any state or local governmental agency.

(Ord. No. 1451, 6-21-07)